Team Norco International World Cup Debut - And Podium
TEAM NORCO INTL. - World Cup Opener
Pietermaritzberg, South Africa - March 18, 2012 - First World Cup round of the 2012 season, and the first podium for Team Norco International in the women's field. Jill scored a podium position in 4th place, marking an impressive start onboard her Renthal equipped Norco Aurum. Bryn also delivered a great result after his huge injury sustained last May. With solid riding in the qualifying and the final he ultimately placed 24th, thus securing a protected 20th place overall ranking leading into round #2 in Italy.
The course is unique to the World Cup with an intense pedaling effort the middle of an already long 4-5 minute course. It's not the most technical terrain, but is extremely physical the whole way down. High speeds, tight wooded sections, and massive jumps.
Saturday night the skies opened up, making for some treacherous slippery conditions race morning. When the sun came out, so did the smiles;
"After a decent qualifying run, I knew there was still some time to make up for Sunday. My goal was to get on that podium for the final by attacking early and pedaling as hard as I could in the flat section. I am really happy to get a 4th, and will continue to improve and learn from each race. Stoked to get my lovely Norco Aurum up on the box where it belongs, looking forward to the next one. " Jill said.
"I am really happy with the way I rode this weekend, my Aurum felt awesome on the high speed track. 24th was not the goal, but 8th at the first split show's i'm headed in the right direction. I'm loving being back at the races! " Bryn Said.
The team is now back in Australia for a couple weeks before heading off to Sea Otter.....
Other news articles...
- 10/05/2013: Awesome New Chris Akrigg Edit - Five
- 14/03/2013: NEW Akrigg Winter Edit
- 04/03/2013: FatBar Lite gets full 10/10 in MBR
- 13/11/2012: Renthal Double Featured in the 2013 Dirt 100
- 11/10/2012: SR4 120mm Launched!
- 12/09/2012: Chris Akrigg - Though the Mill - Video
- 12/09/2012: World Champs Team Videos Added
- 10/08/2012: New Team Videos Added - WC No.6 Val d Isere
- 01/08/2012: Renthal at the Olympics
- 12/07/2012: Video Update! Four new team videos from Monster Specialzed and MS Mondraker
- 18/06/2012: MS Mondraker Racing Fort William World Cup Video - Ragot Wins!
- 18/06/2012: Monster Energy Specialized Fort William Video
- 08/06/2012: MS Mondraker Webisode #1
- 07/06/2012: Sam Hill & Monster Energy Specialized Video - WC#2
- 15/05/2012: **NEW PRODUCT** MOTO BMX Race Handlebar Range
- 23/04/2012: Kintner Clean Sweep at Sea Otter 2012
- 22/03/2012: Team Video - Monster Energy Specialized at WC #1
- 20/03/2012: Monster Energy Specialized - WC#1 - Race Repo.
- 07/02/2012: 1-2 and 3 in a row for Troy Brosnan and Sam Hill
- 24/01/2012: US Rider Support Program Launched
- 08/09/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Worlds Video
- 07/09/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Video (Alex Rankin) and More..
- 05/09/2011: World Championships Medal Haul
- 17/08/2011: La Bresse World Cup Team News & Videos
- 25/07/2011: Gerard Wolfe is Irish National Champion
- 18/07/2011: Windham World Cup Video Action
- 07/07/2011: Double Whammy World Cup Team Videos
- 29/06/2011: Exclusive Video Content Online Now!
- 15/06/2011: Mondraker Team In Leogang
- 13/06/2011: Sam Hill Back On The Podium
- 07/06/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Hit Fort William
- 31/05/2011: PCJ and Team Identiti Take the Win
- 23/05/2011: Showcase Your Ride On Renthal FaceBook
- 12/05/2011: Renthal On The World Cup Circuit *Update*
- 20/04/2011: Renthal FatBar Scores 10/10 in MBR Group Test
- 11/04/2011: Elite Female and Male Success at BDS2
- 29/03/2011: Fairclough Wins in Vigo
- 28/03/2011: Wolfe Racing at the Irish NPS
- 25/03/2011: Brendan Fairclough Video Teaser - 3 Minute Gaps
- 22/03/2011: Mondraker Factory Team On Renthal
- 25/02/2011: FactoryJackson.com Get On Board the Duo Stem
- 17/02/2011: SR4 Chainring On Dirt Website
- 07/02/2011: SouthernDownhill.com Give Renthal a First Look
- 03/02/2011: Renthal Team Up With The Yeti Leisure Lakes Bikes Gravity Team
- 24/01/2011: Renthal & Monster Energy Specialized Racing Join Forces
- 17/01/2011: Renthal Apparel Featured in MBUK Magazine
- 03/12/2010: "The Wolfe Story 3" Film Released
- 03/12/2010: Renthal Launch New Clothing Line
- 10/11/2010: Dirt Magazine Recognise Renthal as the Best of 2011
- 25/10/2010: FatBar is MBR’s Handlebar of Choice
- 15/09/2010: Team Identiti Wrap Up Season In Style
- 13/09/2010: Dialled Bikes are UK No1 Team
- 16/08/2010: Wolfe is National Champion
- 15/08/2010: Team Identiti at Southwest Extreme
- 11/08/2010: BMX Worlds 4th for Renthal Rider
- 02/08/2010: Brannigan Regains UCI Junior Leaders Jersey
- 30/07/2010: PCJ on Dirt TV
- 26/07/2010: Team Identiti Dominate NPS 4X Rnd 4
- 12/07/2010: Wolfe Brother’s Euro Success
- 28/06/2010: Renthal Riders Rule Redhill 4X
- 21/06/2010: Brannigan Leads Junior World Cup.
- 02/06/2010: Wolfe Clinches Another Irish NPS Win
- 01/06/2010: Young Guns Rule Harthill 4X
- 25/05/2010: Renthal Feature in Dirt Magazine Top 100
- 19/05/2010: Dan Wolfe Takes Irish National Win
- 08/05/2010: Wolfe Storms Lisbon
- 22/02/2010: SR4 Chainring Gets MBUK Most Wanted Award
- 22/10/2009: Renthal Continue To Impress Dirt Magazine
- 02/09/2009: Renthal Products in Dirt Magazine