1-2 and 3 in a row for Troy Brosnan and Sam Hill
Australian National Series round 3 // Canberra, Australia- February 5, 2012
Team Monster Energy-Specialized riders Troy Brosnan and Sam Hill were keen to continue their dominance of the Australian National Series podium and tear apart the Stromlo Forest Park downhill track.
Troy Brosnan. Rock garden at full bore;
With a new top section, as well as a big pedal stretch, both Sam and Troy were looking to see where their fitness stood leading into the South African World Cup round in Pietermaritzburg next month. “The new top section is pretty sick. More like a real Downhill track than the old top section, with multiple lines and a decent amount of off camber. It suits me well,” said Troy. Qualifying went well for Brosnan posting the fastest time of 2.19.60 and Sam in 5th with 2.24.98 with a mistake and a mechanical Sam knew he had more time in the bank.
Sam Hill's form is on the rise;
As race day rolled around, another hot sunny day was there to suck the rest of the moisture left from Fridays rain leaving a fast and dusty track. The morning’s practice runs went well for both Sam and Troy with both getting all their lines dialed. In the finals, Sam Hill came down into the hot seat to post a 2.16.85 leaving a 4-second gap to the rest of the field til the fastest seeded rider Troy Brosnan came down posting a 2.14.40 to make Monster Energy-Specialized 1-2 for the third time in a row this Australian National series.
Sam said, ”I’ve had a lot of fun riding here this weekend. The new section to the track is good and importantly I felt strong on the pedals down at the bottom. I had a little bit of a mistake up the top, and as frustrating as it is to come second to Troy again, it motivates me to work hard and get back to the level I’m used too.”
Troy Brosnan’s first place in all the seeding and race runs makes him the clear leader in the overall for the Australian National series this year and is really starting to show his true potential.
“I had a great weekend again. It all went really well for me. The rain on Friday had completely dried up making the track get that slippery dusty top surface. There were also some big gusts of wind for the triple treat jumps section. So it got a little wild but I held it together. I’m super stoked with my effort and looking forward to taking my form into the World Cups,” said Troy.
Troy Brosnan grabs his third National win in a row;
“Both Sam and Troy’s current riding form pretty much speaks for itself and doesn’t leave much more to say other than being impressed and congratulate them both on another great weekend” said Team Manager Sean Heimdal.
Sam and Troy are now looking forward to the Australian National Championships at Eagle Farm South Australia. “It would be nice to get one back on Troy at his home track.” Sam said with a smile.”
Read more on the Team here;
Other news articles...
- 10/05/2013: Awesome New Chris Akrigg Edit - Five
- 14/03/2013: NEW Akrigg Winter Edit
- 04/03/2013: FatBar Lite gets full 10/10 in MBR
- 13/11/2012: Renthal Double Featured in the 2013 Dirt 100
- 11/10/2012: SR4 120mm Launched!
- 12/09/2012: Chris Akrigg - Though the Mill - Video
- 12/09/2012: World Champs Team Videos Added
- 10/08/2012: New Team Videos Added - WC No.6 Val d Isere
- 01/08/2012: Renthal at the Olympics
- 12/07/2012: Video Update! Four new team videos from Monster Specialzed and MS Mondraker
- 18/06/2012: MS Mondraker Racing Fort William World Cup Video - Ragot Wins!
- 18/06/2012: Monster Energy Specialized Fort William Video
- 08/06/2012: MS Mondraker Webisode #1
- 07/06/2012: Sam Hill & Monster Energy Specialized Video - WC#2
- 15/05/2012: **NEW PRODUCT** MOTO BMX Race Handlebar Range
- 23/04/2012: Kintner Clean Sweep at Sea Otter 2012
- 22/03/2012: Team Video - Monster Energy Specialized at WC #1
- 20/03/2012: Team Norco International World Cup Debut - And Podium
- 20/03/2012: Monster Energy Specialized - WC#1 - Race Repo.
- 24/01/2012: US Rider Support Program Launched
- 08/09/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Worlds Video
- 07/09/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Video (Alex Rankin) and More..
- 05/09/2011: World Championships Medal Haul
- 17/08/2011: La Bresse World Cup Team News & Videos
- 25/07/2011: Gerard Wolfe is Irish National Champion
- 18/07/2011: Windham World Cup Video Action
- 07/07/2011: Double Whammy World Cup Team Videos
- 29/06/2011: Exclusive Video Content Online Now!
- 15/06/2011: Mondraker Team In Leogang
- 13/06/2011: Sam Hill Back On The Podium
- 07/06/2011: Monster Energy Specialized Hit Fort William
- 31/05/2011: PCJ and Team Identiti Take the Win
- 23/05/2011: Showcase Your Ride On Renthal FaceBook
- 12/05/2011: Renthal On The World Cup Circuit *Update*
- 20/04/2011: Renthal FatBar Scores 10/10 in MBR Group Test
- 11/04/2011: Elite Female and Male Success at BDS2
- 29/03/2011: Fairclough Wins in Vigo
- 28/03/2011: Wolfe Racing at the Irish NPS
- 25/03/2011: Brendan Fairclough Video Teaser - 3 Minute Gaps
- 22/03/2011: Mondraker Factory Team On Renthal
- 25/02/2011: FactoryJackson.com Get On Board the Duo Stem
- 17/02/2011: SR4 Chainring On Dirt Website
- 07/02/2011: SouthernDownhill.com Give Renthal a First Look
- 03/02/2011: Renthal Team Up With The Yeti Leisure Lakes Bikes Gravity Team
- 24/01/2011: Renthal & Monster Energy Specialized Racing Join Forces
- 17/01/2011: Renthal Apparel Featured in MBUK Magazine
- 03/12/2010: "The Wolfe Story 3" Film Released
- 03/12/2010: Renthal Launch New Clothing Line
- 10/11/2010: Dirt Magazine Recognise Renthal as the Best of 2011
- 25/10/2010: FatBar is MBR’s Handlebar of Choice
- 15/09/2010: Team Identiti Wrap Up Season In Style
- 13/09/2010: Dialled Bikes are UK No1 Team
- 16/08/2010: Wolfe is National Champion
- 15/08/2010: Team Identiti at Southwest Extreme
- 11/08/2010: BMX Worlds 4th for Renthal Rider
- 02/08/2010: Brannigan Regains UCI Junior Leaders Jersey
- 30/07/2010: PCJ on Dirt TV
- 26/07/2010: Team Identiti Dominate NPS 4X Rnd 4
- 12/07/2010: Wolfe Brother’s Euro Success
- 28/06/2010: Renthal Riders Rule Redhill 4X
- 21/06/2010: Brannigan Leads Junior World Cup.
- 02/06/2010: Wolfe Clinches Another Irish NPS Win
- 01/06/2010: Young Guns Rule Harthill 4X
- 25/05/2010: Renthal Feature in Dirt Magazine Top 100
- 19/05/2010: Dan Wolfe Takes Irish National Win
- 08/05/2010: Wolfe Storms Lisbon
- 22/02/2010: SR4 Chainring Gets MBUK Most Wanted Award
- 22/10/2009: Renthal Continue To Impress Dirt Magazine
- 02/09/2009: Renthal Products in Dirt Magazine